The General Services Administration (GSA) is currently in phase two of its Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) consolidation. The MAS program allows contractors direct access to opportunities not available on the open market. It was created to streamline government purchasing of commercial products and services to leverage the buying power of the federal government in the process.
During the current phase two of the MAS consolidation, schedule contract holders are expected to review and sign the Mass Modification, or “Mass Mod,” released in early February. The Mass Mod will update current contracts to conform with the new terms and conditions of the consolidated MAS that was released on October 1, 2019.
It is extremely important that contractors accept this Mass Mod by July 31, 2020.
Failure to do so will result in their offerings no longer being accessible on GSA eTools. Not being able to access GSA eTools means:
- Removal of your catalog (text file) and offerings from GSA Advantage;
- Removal of your contract information from eLibrary;
- And suspension of your ability to respond to any opportunities in eBuy.
Once you complete the Mass Mod, make sure to update your company text file in eLibrary to reflect the newly mapped Special Item Numbers (SINs). To check to see if your company has responded to the Mass Mod, follow the instructions below.
- Step 1: Visit the Mass Mod portal here.
- Step 2: Type in your company’s contract number and look for Mod# A812.
- Step 3: You can also email your company’s designated Administrative Contracting Officer (ACO). If you don’t know who your ACO is, you can find them here and type in your contract number.
- Step 4: If you are not the contract administrator or an authorized negotiator on the contract, you should reach out to the contract administrator to take care of this. You can find your company’s contract administrator by searching your company on GSA’s eLibrary.
If you need help completing the Mass Mod, updating your textfile, or have additional questions, please feel free to contact our team!