GRAND RAPIDS, MICH (October 24, 2019) — Former Army Ranger and West Point graduate is bringing together local businesses to support the Grand Rapids Home for Veterans. Through November 10th, West Michigan organizations, including JetCo Solutions, 8THIRTYFOUR Integrated Communications, AM Yoga, Array of Engineers, C2AE, the Caledonia American Legion Memorial Post 305, DK Security, DornerWorks, Marana Group, and Rehmann, will be gathering desperately needed items of daily necessity to benefit the residents of the Grand Rapids Home for Veterans. These items will then be delivered to the Home to honor Veterans Day.
Jon Tellier, president and founder of JetCo Solutions is a West Point graduate and former Army Ranger who served in Germany, Italy, and Desert Storm. “It’s difficult to return to civilian life after war, particularly if you return with a disability,” said Tellier. “This wish list drive allows the community to come together and provide necessities to 500+ veterans that will otherwise go without.”
The Grand Rapids Home for Veterans was established in 1885 to provide a variety of services to enhance residents’ quality-of-life. These services include an in-house pharmacy, rehabilitation therapy, and recreational and educational activities.
Tiffany Carr, director of community relations for the Grand Rapids Home for Veterans, commented, saying the organization solely depends on donations to offer veterans a stellar quality-of-life. She said, “Without the generous support of our community partners and donors, we would have to radically decrease the vast and diverse opportunities veterans have each day to live a fulfilled life.”
The items to be donated for the wish list drive include body wash, disposable razors, alcohol free mouthwash, toothbrushes, k-cups for Keurig Machines, large boxes of tissues, new men’s clothing items in sizes 3X up to 8X, and new women’s clothing items in sizes large up to 4X. Cash and gift cards are not being accepted as part of this drive.
“More than ten percent of our associates have served our country in uniform,” said David Rhoa, president of Marana Group. “This is a great opportunity to both honor our team members and demonstrate to our veterans that their service to our country is not forgotten. We are proud to do our part to help bring these needed items to the men and women who have given so much to our nation.”
If you would like to participate in the drive, items can be dropped off at the following locations from Sept. 27 to Nov. 10:
- 8THIRTYFOUR Integrated Communications – 1430 Monroe Ave NW, Suite 170, Grand Rapids, MI 49505
- AM Yoga – 555 4th Street, Suite 200, Grand Rapids, MI 49504
- Array of Engineers – 2350 Oak Industrial Dr NE, Suite 1, Grand Rapids, MI 49505
- C2AE – 648 Monroe Ave NW, Suite 210, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Caledonia American Legion Memorial Post 305 – 9548 Cherry Valley SE, Caledonia, MI 49316
- DK Security – 5160 Falcon View Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512
- DornerWorks – 3445 Lake Eastbrook Blvd SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546
- JetCo Solutions – 525 Ottawa Ave NW, Lower Level, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Marana Group – 3777 Sky King Blvd, Kalamazoo, MI 49009
- Rehmann – 2330 East Paris Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546